Subject: Re: bug#44687: 26.3; Link broken in inline comment

From: Kyle Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 22:15:47 -0500

tags 44687 wontfix
close 44687
quit

YH Tan writes:

> In org-mode,
>
> ```
> [[link]]@@comment:[[link]]@@
> # [[link]]
>
> * link
> ```
>
> I get the message "No Link Found" when clicking on the [[link]] within
> the inline @@comment:[[link]]@@.
>
> The link works fine with emacs -Q, but breaks after evaluating some
> init.el code.
>
> Problem is, I cannot pinpoint to the exact code that broke the link.

I'm sorry you didn't get a response at the time.

Your recipe starts complaining "No Link Found" as of Org's d3774fba7,
which was a part of the 9.2 release:

  Limit `org-open-at-point'
  
  * lisp/org.el (org-open-at-point): Do not open everything that looks
    like a link, in particular in verbatim or code objects.  However,
    still conveniently open links in comments, node properties and
    keywords.

The Org bundled with Emacs 26.3 was 9.1.9, so the difference you
reported between your regular environment and 'emacs -Q' is very likely
explained by the above commit being included in the Org available from
ELPA but not yet included in the Org that shipped with Emacs 26.3.

My understanding is that no longer being able to open a link (or rather
text that resembles a link) in an export snippet is an intentional
consequence of that commit, so I'm closing this as wontfix.  (But fwiw
calling org-open-at-point-global rather than org-open-at-point should
give the behavior you're after.)