Subject: bug#44686: closed (Re: bug#44686: Subject: 28.0.50; [native-comp] breaks helm-find-files from keybind)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 20:19:01 +0000

Your bug report

#44686: Subject: 28.0.50; [native-comp] breaks helm-find-files from keybind

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
44686: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=44686
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#44686: Subject: 28.0.50; [native-comp] breaks helm-find-files from keybind
From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
To: Bjoern Bidar <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 20:18:50 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Bjoern Bidar <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Montag, 16. November 2020, 16:54:36 EET schrieb Andrea Corallo:
>> Bjoern Bidar <[email-masked]> writes:
>> > 1. have a clean Emacs install and install helm
>> > 2. Run is in *scratch*:
>> > 
>> > #+BEGIN_SRC Emacs-lisp
>> > (require 'helm-config)
>> > (global-set-key (kbd "C-x C-f") #'helm-find-files)
>> > #+END_SRC
>> > 
>> > 3. Use the previously set key bind
>> > 
>> > Loading the byte compiled file instead of the native-compiled file of
>> > helm-files works fine.
>> > 
>> > I noticed the error got introduced after the 17th of September.
>> > After before that I made a build and today a made a new build and hit
>> > the bug.
>> > (I rebase feature/native-comp regularly on pgtk as seen here:
>> > https://github.com/Thaodan/emacs/tree/feature/pgtk%2Bnative_comp)
>> > 
>> > 
>> > Backtrace:
>> > 
>> > #+BEGIN_SRC
>> > Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp t)
>> > 
>> >   file-remote-p(t)
>> >   helm-find-files-input(t #("redistribute" 0 12 (face
>> >   font-lock-comment-face
>> > 
>> > fontified t)))
>> > 
>> >   helm-find-files-initial-input()
>> >   helm-find-files(nil)
>> >   funcall-interactively(helm-find-files nil)
>> >   command-execute(helm-find-files)
>> > 
>> > #+END_SRC
>> 
>> Hi Bjoern,
>> 
>> I've pushed a fix for this ~20min ago.
>> 
>> Could you verify with 898f929215 the issue is solved for you?
>> 
>> Thanks
>> 
>>   Andrea
>
> Hey Andrea,
>
> The fix works for me however it require my to recompile the faulty files 
> (deleting the ELN cache) before it worked.

Hi Björn,

yeah that's expected, sorry forgot to mention it.

great closing it, thanks for reporting it :)

  Andrea

Subject: Subject: 28.0.50; [native-comp] breaks helm-find-files from keybind
From: Bjoern Bidar <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 14:09:42 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

1. have a clean Emacs install and install helm
2. Run is in *scratch*:
#+BEGIN_SRC Emacs-lisp
(require 'helm-config)
(global-set-key (kbd "C-x C-f") #'helm-find-files)
#+END_SRC
3. Use the previously set key bind

Loading the byte compiled file instead of the native-compiled file of helm-files 
works fine.

I noticed the error got introduced after the 17th of September.
After before that I made a build and today a made a new build and hit
the bug.
(I rebase feature/native-comp regularly on pgtk as seen here:
https://github.com/Thaodan/emacs/tree/feature/pgtk%2Bnative_comp)

Backtrace:
#+BEGIN_SRC
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp t)
  file-remote-p(t)
  helm-find-files-input(t #("redistribute" 0 12 (face font-lock-comment-face 
fontified t)))
  helm-find-files-initial-input()
  helm-find-files(nil)
  funcall-interactively(helm-find-files nil)
  command-execute(helm-find-files)
#+END_SRC

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.23, 
cairo version 1.17.3)
 of 2020-11-16 built on 763071
Repository revision: db1c77d85d9117667302e107fe1a09078e2e428e
Repository branch: makepkg
Windowing system distributor 'System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-sound=alsa --with-modules --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --with-nativecomp --with-json=yes --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz
 --with-wide-int --with-pgtk --with-libsystemd --with-threads
 --with-libpng --with-jpeg --with-tiff --with-gif --with-rsvg
 --with-dbus --with-glib --enable-link-time-optimization
 --enable-profiling --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xaw3d
 --without-m17n-flt --with-imagemagick --with-cairo --with-xwidgets
 'CFLAGS=-mtune=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong -fno-plt -fPIC
 -g -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -fuse-ld=gold -g
 -fvar-tracking-assignments
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs-native-comp-git/src=/usr/src/debug'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 PGTK XIM MODULES NATIVE_COMP THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  helm-ff-cache-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug winner help-fns cl-print debug
helm-config helm-for-files helm-comint helm-imenu semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local
cedet imenu helm-bookmark helm-external helm-mode helm-elisp helm-files
image-dired image-mode exif dired-x ffap thingatpt tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete
parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp helm-buffers helm-tags helm-locate helm-eval
edebug backtrace find-func helm-occur helm-grep helm-regexp format-spec
helm-net xml helm-adaptive helm-info info helm-utils helm-types
helm-help bookmark helm async-bytecomp helm-global-bindings
helm-easymenu helm-source helm-multi-match edmacro kmacro eieio-compat
helm-lib comp warnings rx cl-extra help-mode smtpmail sendmail dired-aux
advice async compile comint ansi-color ring easy-mmode autoload
radix-tree lisp-mnt tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode cus-edit pp cus-start
cus-load wid-edit finder-inf mm-archive message dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search time-date mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils gnutls network-stream url-http mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc
puny url-cache url-auth epg epg-config package easymenu browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face pcase macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit pgtk lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process nativecomp emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 374800 75065)
 (symbols 48 26314 1)
 (strings 32 109729 8722)
 (string-bytes 1 3454956)
 (vectors 16 43281)
 (vector-slots 8 1097259 395101)
 (floats 8 115 287)
 (intervals 56 1618 37)
 (buffers 992 20))