Subject: bug#44672: 28.0.50; 'ç' key on BR-ABNT2 keyboard translates to strange symbols

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 23:23:08 +0100

YohananDiamond <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello! I use emacs with evil-mode, a minor mode package that adds vim-ish
> keybindings for navigation and editing text. I have a BR-ABNT2 keyboard
> and noticed my workflow would get more efficient if I bound the ç key to
> what the : key would normally do. And so I did. But I noticed that, if I
> enter a terminal frame and the first key to be typed is ç, strange
> characters appear on the screen (usually a combination of Ã, § and
> \247). This is probably an encoding-related problem but I don't know how
> to proceed.
>
> Note: I've tested the bug on a fresh emacsclient (emacs --daemon -Q &&
> emacsclient -t) and a standalone emacs terminal frame (emacs -Q -nw) and
> it happens in both, even without loading any personal init.el file.

Do you have a step-by-step recipe for how to reproduce this bug,
starting from "emacs -Q"?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no