Subject: Re: bug#44664: 28.0.50; troubles with some chars in term

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 00:54:01 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> [2020-11-18 00:05]:
> > Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 20:15:01 +0300
> > From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> > 
> > > That depends on the characters you need to display.  Which characters
> > > look bad/corrupted in term?  What are their codepoints?
> > 
> > �θ��� ���µ� �ƴѵ� 5���� ������??..............................
> 
> Most of those didn't make it, please show their codepoints instead.

Small problem there with M-x describe-char:

cl--assertion-failed: Assertion failed: (not (multibyte-string-p str))

I can also see many errors:

Invalid face reference: mail-double-quoted-text-face [4 times]
Invalid face reference: mail-multiply-quoted-text-face [2 times]
Invalid face reference: mail-double-quoted-text-face [6 times]
Invalid face reference: mail-multiply-quoted-text-face [2 times]
Invalid face reference: mail-double-quoted-text-face [6 times]

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (cl-assertion-failed ((not (multibyte-string-p str)) nil))
  cl--assertion-failed((not (multibyte-string-p str)))
  encoded-string-description(#("�" 0 1 (charset unicode)) nil)
  describe-char(439)
  funcall-interactively(describe-char 439)
  call-interactively(describe-char record nil)
  command-execute(describe-char record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "describe-char" nil)
  funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "describe-char" nil)
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)

Picture is attached showing chars.