Subject: Re: bug#44664: 28.0.50; troubles with some chars in term

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 17:32:58 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 06:58:58 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > So if this is the case, then I think the only way we can reasonably
> > improve the situation in this area is to have a more elaborate font
> > setup.  It would be good to know what font is used by terminal
> > emulators, like xterm or rxvt, in these cases, so we could see if we
> > could use the same font setup.
> 
> Yup.  I'm using Terminal under Debian, and it's finding a font to use
> here where "Ѿ" is the same width as "x", which ideally Emacs should also
> do in term-mode windows.

Can you tell which font(s) does Terminal use for non-Latin characters,
such as the one above?  Maybe we could learn something from that.