Subject: [bug#44656] [PATCH] Upgrade pypy3

From: Lars-Dominik Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2021 09:30:32 +0200

Hi Maxim,

I realize I’m late, so only one comment:

> > +    (native-search-paths
> > +     (list (search-path-specification
> > +            (variable "PYTHONPATH")
> > +            (files '("lib/pypy3.6/site-packages")))))
> About this search path, how it is supposed to work?  The version is
> wrong (3.6) and the package doesn't include this directory, and we do
> not have a pypy build system or other pypy packages that would make use
> of it.  Am I missing something?
No, the the version is not wrong. pypy tracks CPython’s development
(features, standard library) and thus implements a certain “Python
version”, in this case 3.6, even though pypy’s own version says
something else. But, as you said, pypy in Guix is not really useful
anyway right now without any packages.

(That was the idea of the symlinks by the way, providing pypy as a
drop-in replacement for python-wrapper in python-build-system.)

Cheers,
Lars