Subject: Re: bug#44649: 1.2.0rc0 tarball includes guix-daemon.cil.in

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 09:12:41 +0100

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Brooks <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Yes, but running “./configure” gives you the ‘etc/guix-daemon.cil’ for
>> your configuration.  What’s wrong with that?
>>
>> Marius: common practice is to not include instantiated templates; we
>> wouldn’t use templates in the first place if contents were always the
>> same.  :-)
>
> That's true; I'd forgotten about that. The reason I mention it is that
> it would be nice if guix-install.sh could set up the selinux policy. I
> guess this is the only step that would need to run configure.

Good point!  The installed ‘guix’ has that file under
share/selinux/guix-daemon.cil, so perhaps the script could copy it from
there?

HTH,
Ludo’.