Subject: bug#44640: closed (Re: [bug#44640] [PATCH 3/3] gnu: Add python-git-hammer.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 08:41:02 +0000

Your bug report

#44640: [PATCH 0/3] Add python-git-hammer

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
44640: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=44640
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#44640] [PATCH 3/3] gnu: Add python-git-hammer.
From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
To: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 10:40:02 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Looks good! Patches pushed.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted

Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Add python-git-hammer
From: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 17:56:36 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix,

I wanted to print out some git statistics for recreational purposes,
but then I noticed, that Guix lacks gitstats [1] and upon further
research it became clear, that it hasn't been too well maintained.  The
last commit appears to have been made in 2016 (see [2]) and there is
also a lack of Python 3 support.  Not ideal at all.  
So I instead set out in search for a different tool to package and
stumbled upon [3].  Packaging that does required a bit of manual
tweaking of the `guix import' output, but it's still rather small and
served its purpose.  I'll be sending the patches shortly.

Regards,
Leo

[1] http://gitstats.sourceforge.net/
[2] https://github.com/hoxu/gitstats
[3] https://github.com/asharov/git-hammer