Subject: Re: bug#44639: [PATCH 2/2] autorevert: map each watch descriptor to a single buffer

From: Spencer Baugh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 11:34:01 -0500

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
> Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Spencer Baugh <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> Now that we don't share watch descriptors between buffers, we don't
>>> need to store a list of buffers for each watch descriptor - there
>>> would only be a single buffer in each list. This should have no
>>> functional change.
>>
>> Just for the records, when I apply both patches 1/2 and 2/2,
>> autorevert-tests fails. So it cannot be applied as such.
>
> Spencer, did you do any further work on this patch?

Not this patch, no.  Locally I have applied patch 1/2 and not patch
2/2. Patch 2/2 just removes dead code after patch 1/2 removes the
functionality, and I must have gotten it wrong.

But I can report that performance has been fine with patch 1/2 - I
haven't seen the pathological case I was seeing before, and I haven't
seen any new pathological cases to replace it.