Subject: bug#44638: [PATCH 1/2] autorevert: don't reuse existing watch descriptors

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 18:05:35 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Eli,

>> Eli, could you run autorevert-test on MS Windows, for the w32notify
>> backend? Either a complete run, or just
>>
>> $ make -C test autorevert-tests
>> SELECTOR=auto-revert-test07-auto-revert-several-buffers
>
> auto-revert-test07-auto-revert-several-buffers succeeds.  Running the
> entire test finds 2 failures:
>
>   2 unexpected results:
>      FAILED  auto-revert-test04-auto-revert-mode-dired
>      FAILED  auto-revert-test05-global-notify
>
> Let me know if I can help you more.

Well, if the same errors happen also w/o that patch, I believe we are
safe to install the patch in master.

In general, I need to debug what happens, the ert reports are not
sufficient (for me) to understand what's going wrong. Do you know how to
get an MS Windows VM instance? I would be even willing to pay for a
license.

I have a spare server which runs already VMs, like the FreeBSD instance
I've just taken for the kqueue tests.

Best regards, Michael.