Subject: bug#44616: closed (no longer reproducible)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2025 03:15:02 +0000

Your bug report

#44616: 26.3; vc-diff and dired-diff prevent refine diff while ignoring whitespace

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
44616: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=44616
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: no longer reproducible
From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2025 11:13:54 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

It looks like this isn't reproducible anymore on the Emacs trunk, at
least with the steps provided in this report, so I'm closing the report.
Please feel free to re-open if I'm wrong.

-- 
Sean Whitton

Subject: 26.3; vc-diff and dired-diff prevent refine diff while ignoring whitespace
From: Francesco Potortì <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 13:03:05 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2020-05-17, modified by Debian built on x86-csail-01

To see the problem, launch dired-diff on the attached files (to do that,
open dired, and hit = on one of the file entries)

You see that the diff chunk differs for whitespace and case.  Try first
C-b (refine diff) and then C-w (ignore whitespace).  It is not possible
to have them both active at the same time, while it should.

The same happens for vc-diff