Subject: Re: bug#44612: Read standard input in `guix repl'

From: Pierre Neidhardt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 17:03:40 +0100

Hi Chris!

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Any clue how to do that?
>
> I haven't been following along too closely, but I'm surprised guix repl
> --type=machine hasn't been mentioned, is that relevant?

Ha, didn't know about this one, I should have read the manual more
closely!

Sadly, it doesn't cut it:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> echo '(display "Hi.\n")' | guix repl -t machine 2>/dev/null
(repl-version 0 1 1)
Hi.
(values (non-self-quoting 2052 "#<unspecified>"))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

-- 
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/