Subject: bug#44612: Read standard input in `guix repl'

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 20:08:15 +0100

Hi Tobias,

Do not know if it is expected but that downloads the world… then it
compiles it.  It is not Green-friendly. ;-)

If it helps, what I get on my laptop:

>> Commit 403ba4140f52b9ea9483e4c775f102bbb9753e51.

[..]

>> /gnu/store/bdi8dq8i3f59zxp7jrabas847dh80m7x-nyxt-2-pre-release-4.drv

[..]

>   $ guix environment guix -- ./pre-inst-env guix build \
>     --no-grafts nyxt -{M,c}1 -d
> →
> /gnu/store/2s6m5wkjksxi63wv1cz73x0kqj0az2l9-nyxt-2-pre-release-4.drv

[..]

>   $ guix build --no-grafts -{M,c}1 \
>     /gnu/store/bdi8dq8i3f59zxp7jrabas847dh80m7x-nyxt-2-pre-release-4.drv
>
> fails just as reliably, in the same way, so I don't think that's
> related.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix time-machine --commit=403ba4140f52b9ea9483e4c775f102bbb9753e51 \
       -- build --no-grafts -d nyxt
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
/gnu/store/bdi8dq8i3f59zxp7jrabas847dh80m7x-nyxt-2-pre-release-4.drv

$ guix time-machine --commit=403ba4140f52b9ea9483e4c775f102bbb9753e51 \
       -- build --no-grafts nyxt
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
/gnu/store/1fa4443ripbxjnyvk577hp98r7szrbh2-nyxt-2-pre-release-4

$ guix time-machine --commit=403ba4140f52b9ea9483e4c775f102bbb9753e51 \
       -- build --no-grafts nyxt -{M,c}1 -d
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
/gnu/store/bdi8dq8i3f59zxp7jrabas847dh80m7x-nyxt-2-pre-release-4.drv
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Cheers,
simon