Subject: bug#44611: Prefix arg for xref-goto-xref

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 18:18:19 +0300

Hi Eli,

On 27.12.2020 20:21, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Juri Linkov<[email-masked]>
>> Cc:[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked]
>> Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 18:20:01 +0200
>>
>> The notion "conservative" is irrelevant here, because TAB was bound in xref
>> recently
> Not so recently: 2 years ago.  And by the time Emacs 28 hits the
> network, it will probably be 4 years.

How about this:

Up until now, Xref still had a "still experimental and can change in 
major ... ways" note in its commentary.

I'm going to remove this note (it's indeed getting ridiculous after 5 
years of existence), but how about we remove the contentious binding 
with it?

And then we can treat new bindings more conservatively, with higher 
expectations of stability.

(Resending because the bug tracker rejected it the first time.)