Subject: bug#44604: 27.1; gpg error when language environment is set to Turkish

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 06:16:14 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I thought about something rather simple: a global variable, let's name
> it overriding-case-table, that will be heeded to by the various case
> conversions ('downcase' etc.) in preference to any other case-table.
> Then commands that need strict ASCII case rules could bind that
> variable, or we could use with-case-table macro, without fear that
> different buffers will behave in different ways.

Yeah, that sounds like a better solution.  It basically means that all
code that does code conversion (for protocol reasons) will need to be
wrapped with that binding, and there's a lot of it in Emacs -- I'm
guessing there's more code that needs wrapping than needs to be
unwrapped.

Which is a pain.  But I guess just having interactive cases of
`downcase' and friends heed the case table, and otherwise ignore it,
isn't really workable either?  That'd be a lot less code to fix.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no