Subject: 27.1; gpg error when language environment is set to Turkish

From: Fatih Aydin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 19:44:35 +0000

When I set Turkish as the language environment, I started to have problems
 with gpg.
I have tried to;
- Change lanuage environment of OS (locale.conf) instead of changing it in
 Emacs, nothing changed.
- Set another languages to see if they also cause problem (Polish and
 Arabic), they were okay. Only Turkish is the problematic one.
The problems I have observed:
- I get this error message when I run package-install:
Error while verifying signature archive-contents.sig:
Command output:gpg: Signature made Thu 12 Nov 2020 01:05:03 PM +03
- When I run org-decrypt-entry, nothing happens. (in English, it works)
In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.22, cairo
 version 1.17.3)
 of 2020-08-28 built on juergen
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12009000
System Description: Arch Linux
Recent messages:
Making completion list... [2 times]
Quit
Importing package-keyring.gpg...done
Contacting host: elpa.gnu.org:443 [2 times]
Package refresh done
Failed to download ‘gnu’ archive.
Quit
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer, C-M-v to scroll
help.
Quit
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-wide-int
 --with-modules --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON
PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP
Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
Major mode: Lisp Interaction
Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
Load-path shadows:
None found.
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail help-mode mm-archive message
dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils gnutls
network-stream warnings url-http mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc puny url-cache url-auth url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap epg epg-config finder-inf package easymenu
browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib misearch
multi-isearch tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)
Memory information:
((conses 16 75203 12839)
 (symbols 48 8692 1)
 (strings 32 25959 2065)
 (string-bytes 1 776904)
 (vectors 16 14300)
 (vector-slots 8 207058 16916)
 (floats 8 27 261)
 (intervals 56 3977 2464)
 (buffers 1000 17))
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 22:42:24 +0300