Subject: Re: bug#44597: 26.3; bibtex should allow reverse sorting

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2020 14:22:26 +0100

Francesco Potortì <[email-masked]> writes:

>>Yes, I think introducing a variable to control the sorting would be a
>>good idea.  It'd default to `bibtex-lessp' (or rather, something that
>>does the same), but (as you say) have an input that makes implementing
>>other sorting functions easier.
>>
>>Patches welcome.  :-)
>
> This is a patch that improves things, in my opinion.  This is not the
> ideal situation I mentioned above, but "il meglio è il nemico del bene"
> (best is enemy of good).  So here you are, this one satisfies my needs
> and is hoefully a step towards a more general solution.

[...]

>  Allowed non-nil values are:
> -plain or t   All entries are sorted alphabetically.
> +plain or t   Entries are sorted alphabetically.
> +reverse      Entries are sorted in reverse alphabetic order.
> +date         Entries are sorted by date.
> +reversedate  Entries are reverse sorted by date, starting with newest.

Thanks; this looks like a good feature to me.  I've added Roland to the
Cc's; I'm guessing he'll have some comments.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no