Subject: bug#44596: closed (Re: [bug#44596] [PATCH v2 0/2] gnu: knot-resolver: Update to 5.2.0; add "doc" output)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 16:41:06 +0000

Your bug report

#44596: [PATCH 0/2] gnu: knot-resolver: Update to 5.2.0; add "doc" output

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
44596: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=44596
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#44596] [PATCH v2 0/2] gnu: knot-resolver: Update to 5.2.0; add "doc" output
From: 宋文武 <[email-masked]>
To: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 18:41:57 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Simon South <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've been waiting to see whether the Knot Resolver team would issue a point
> release with their fix[0] for the bug discovered in version 5.2.0, but as that
> doesn't seem to be happening here is an updated patchset that applies the fix
> directly.
>

Pushed, thank you for the patches and this fix!

Subject: [PATCH 0/2] gnu: knot-resolver: Update to 5.2.0; add "doc" output
From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 11:46:35 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

These patches

- Update Knot Resolver, a resolving DNS server, to 5.2.0. Two inputs are
  added to support new functionality in this release:

  - Texinfo, to enable generating the manual in Info format; and

  - libnghttp2, to enable a new implementation in C of DNS-over-HTTPS. From
    the Knot Resolver manual:

      Knot Resolver currently offers two DoH implementations. It is
      recommended to use this new implementation, which is more reliable,
      scalable and has fewer dependencies. Make sure to use doh2 kind in
      net.listen() to select this implementation.[0]

- Move the Knot Resolver manual to a separate "doc" output, allowing it to be
  installed on its own by a user responsible for configuring the
  service. (This also helps align this package with the one for Knot, its
  sibling authoritative name server.)

[0] https://knot-resolver.readthedocs.io/en/v5.2.0/daemon-bindings-net_tlssrv.html#dns-over-https-doh

--
Simon South
[email-masked]

Simon South (2):
  gnu: knot-resolver: Update to 5.2.0.
  gnu: knot-resolver: Move manual, examples to separate "doc" output

 gnu/packages/dns.scm | 25 +++++++++++++++++++++----
 1 file changed, 21 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2