Subject: [bug#44596] [PATCH 0/2] gnu: knot-resolver: Update to 5.2.0; add "doc" output

From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 11:46:35 -0500

These patches

- Update Knot Resolver, a resolving DNS server, to 5.2.0. Two inputs are
  added to support new functionality in this release:

  - Texinfo, to enable generating the manual in Info format; and

  - libnghttp2, to enable a new implementation in C of DNS-over-HTTPS. From
    the Knot Resolver manual:

      Knot Resolver currently offers two DoH implementations. It is
      recommended to use this new implementation, which is more reliable,
      scalable and has fewer dependencies. Make sure to use doh2 kind in
      net.listen() to select this implementation.[0]

- Move the Knot Resolver manual to a separate "doc" output, allowing it to be
  installed on its own by a user responsible for configuring the
  service. (This also helps align this package with the one for Knot, its
  sibling authoritative name server.)

[0] https://knot-resolver.readthedocs.io/en/v5.2.0/daemon-bindings-net_tlssrv.html#dns-over-https-doh

--
Simon South
[email-masked]

Simon South (2):
  gnu: knot-resolver: Update to 5.2.0.
  gnu: knot-resolver: Move manual, examples to separate "doc" output

 gnu/packages/dns.scm | 25 +++++++++++++++++++++----
 1 file changed, 21 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2