Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] gnu: knot-resolver: Update to 5.2.0; add "doc" output

From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 09:45:18 -0500

I've been waiting to see whether the Knot Resolver team would issue a point
release with their fix[0] for the bug discovered in version 5.2.0, but as that
doesn't seem to be happening here is an updated patchset that applies the fix
directly.

The only changes from the initial set are

- The addition of a patch with the upstream commit that fixes an issue with
  the internal map() function on 32-bit platforms, and

- Some gentle editing of the commit messages.

For convenience, here's my original cover letter:

These patches

- Update Knot Resolver, a resolving DNS server, to 5.2.0. Two inputs are
  added to support new functionality in this release:

  - Texinfo, to enable generating the manual in Info format; and

  - libnghttp2, to enable a new implementation in C of DNS-over-HTTPS. From
    the Knot Resolver manual:

      Knot Resolver currently offers two DoH implementations. It is
      recommended to use this new implementation, which is more reliable,
      scalable and has fewer dependencies. Make sure to use doh2 kind in
      net.listen() to select this implementation.[1]

- Move the Knot Resolver manual to a separate "doc" output, allowing it to be
  installed on its own by a user responsible for configuring the
  service. (This also helps align this package with the one for Knot, its
  sibling authoritative name server.)

[0] https://gitlab.nic.cz/knot/knot-resolver/-/merge_requests/1093
[1] https://knot-resolver.readthedocs.io/en/v5.2.0/daemon-bindings-net_tlssrv.html#dns-over-https-doh

--
Simon South
[email-masked]

Simon South (2):
  gnu: knot-resolver: Update to 5.2.0.
  gnu: knot-resolver: Move manual, examples to separate "doc" output

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   1 +
 gnu/packages/dns.scm                          |  27 +++-
 ...t-resolver-fix-map-command-on-32-bit.patch | 146 ++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 170 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/knot-resolver-fix-map-command-on-32-bit.patch

-- 
2.29.2