Subject: bug#44578: AW: bug#44578: Investigating current preview problem

From: "Bruckmann, Tobias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 08:46:32 +0000

I can confirm that I observe the same behavior as Hugo and that the error is
still appearing with the newest version of preview.sty (as downloaded from
AUCTeX yesterday).

The minimum example I use is

\documentclass[12pt,a4paper]{article}
\usepackage[margin=2cm,a4paper]{geometry}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\title{psfrag in pdflatex }
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{pstool}
\usepackage{bookmark}
\begin{document}
Test
\begin{figure}[h!]
\centering
 \psfragfig[mode=errorstop,width=0.9\textwidth]{use_any_eps_file_here}
\caption{The EPS image with psfragfig}
\end{figure}
\end{document}

Note, I read frequently that TeXLive compiles very well. I use MikTex,
latest updates applied. Maybe Hugo also uses MikTex?
Is it possible that one of those distributions uses legacy packages?

Thanks a lot for your support!
Tobias

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> 
Gesendet: Freitag, 7. Januar 2022 06:54
An: Hugo Raguet <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Bruckmann, Tobias
<[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Betreff: Re: bug#44578: Investigating current preview problem

Hugo Raguet <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I've attached it; could you and Tobias please give it a try.
>
> Unfortunately, it does not fix my problem ; for instance, the minimum 
> example on the above referenced thread fails with the exact same 
> problem as before if I do not apply Ulrike Fisher's workaround.

FWIW, I have the same "problem" as David.  The example document from TeX
StackExchange compiles just fine for me (after adding %%%
TeX-command-extra-options: "--shell-escape" to the local variables) using
TeXLive 2021.  The compile log suggests that the preview style is not
loaded.

So then I've put a \usepackage{preview} before loading pstricks and tried
both with the TeXLive preview version and the current AUCTeX version and
still both compiled fine and gave the same output.

Maybe you could give the exact latex command that fails for you on this
document?

Bye,
Tassilo