Subject: bug#44578: Investigating current preview problem

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2022 06:54:22 +0100

Hugo Raguet <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I've attached it; could you and Tobias please give it a try.
>
> Unfortunately, it does not fix my problem ; for instance, the minimum
> example on the above referenced thread fails with the exact same
> problem as before if I do not apply Ulrike Fisher's workaround.

FWIW, I have the same "problem" as David.  The example document from TeX
StackExchange compiles just fine for me (after adding %%%
TeX-command-extra-options: "--shell-escape" to the local variables)
using TeXLive 2021.  The compile log suggests that the preview style is
not loaded.

So then I've put a \usepackage{preview} before loading pstricks and
tried both with the TeXLive preview version and the current AUCTeX
version and still both compiled fine and gave the same output.

Maybe you could give the exact latex command that fails for you on this
document?

Bye,
Tassilo