Subject: bug#44578: Investigating current preview problem

From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2022 00:21:37 +0100

Hugo Raguet <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 06/01/2022 20:53, Tassilo Horn wrote:
>> Hugo Raguet <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Hi Hugo,
>> 
>>> I am not in good position to report if this version of AUCTeX is
>>> working, because I actually never used AUCTeX. My attention came to
>>> this problem because preview is actually used in packages such as
>>> pst-pdf (see for instance https://tex.stackexchange.com/q/617229).
>> I've attached it; could you and Tobias please give it a try.
>
> Unfortunately, it does not fix my problem ; for instance, the minimum
> example on the above referenced thread fails with the exact same
> problem as before if I do not apply Ulrike Fisher's workaround.

Ugh.  That is a really ugly workaround that looks like a whack-a-mole
game.  Also the shipout hooks were not introduced at the same time as
output routine hooks, so one needs to hone in on some particular LaTeX
version for getting this under control.

Thanks for testing.

-- 
David Kastrup