Subject: Re: bug#44577: 27.1; Missing options in definition of edebug-mode in edebug.el

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 16:33:54 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Cannot the '?' command map over the customization group instead?  It's
> a maintenance burden to keep that list exhaustive and up-to-date, just
> so '?' could show all of the options.

Sure, writing a new command for `?' sounds like a good idea.

In slightly related news, I was just looking at the dired-mode doc
string, which has a similar list of user options, but the added
confusing text.

Does anybody know what this refers to?  I mean, the `C-h v' is probably
just left-over cruft from before `this-stuff' are links, but...  "rename
this buffer"?

Oh, perhaps that's from before the *Help* buffer had prev/next
navigation commands?

----

Customization variables (rename this buffer and type C-h v on each line
for more info):

  ‘dired-listing-switches’
  ‘dired-trivial-filenames’
  ‘dired-marker-char’
  ‘dired-del-marker’
  ‘dired-keep-marker-rename’
  ‘dired-keep-marker-copy’
  ‘dired-keep-marker-hardlink’
  ‘dired-keep-marker-symlink’

Hooks (use C-h v to see their documentation):

  ‘dired-before-readin-hook’
  ‘dired-after-readin-hook’
  ‘dired-mode-hook’

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no