Subject: bug#44577: 27.1; Missing options in definition of edebug-mode in edebug.el

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 19:53:24 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 14:54:19 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I think we should remove the list from the doc string, yes.  It is
> > unusual for a doc string of a mode to include an exhaustive list of
> > all of its customization options; in general, the feature's group
> > should be enough to discover all of them.  And the manual documents
> > the most important ones.
> 
> The use case here is the `?' command when edebugging, which makes the
> list somewhat useful.

Cannot the '?' command map over the customization group instead?  It's
a maintenance burden to keep that list exhaustive and up-to-date, just
so '?' could show all of the options.