Subject: Re: bug#44566: 27.1; time bug at Gnus

From: "Peder O. Klingenberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 12:42:49 +0100

On on., 2020-11-11 kl. 12.14 +0100 +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Perhaps it'd be better if you described precisely what you think the
> problem is (by giving us example Date headers) instead of posting
> screenshots and asking us to guess what you think the problem is?

Seems obvious to me.  Two screenshots, taken 30-ish seconds apart.  In
the first, an archive copy of a message, with a Date header like so:

Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 11:18:55 +0900 (22 minutes, 6 seconds ago)

Second, the NNTP edition of the same message, with a date header like
this:

Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 03:18:55 CET (8 hours, 22 minutes, 37 seconds ago)

The second timestamp is transposed to CET, but describes the same point
in time as the first.  The thing between the parenthesis, calculated by
gnus, should therefore obviously be the same, modulo the seconds between
the screenshots.  It's not.  The difference is the same as the
difference between time zones +0900 and CET, so it's not unlikely that
somewhere Gnus drops the TZ information.

...Peder...
-- 
Sløv uten dop