Subject: bug#44559:

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 09:41:12 +0100

Hi,

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Perhaps we could start by testing this hypothesis on a separate build
>> farm.  Chris, Mathieu, WDYT?
>
> I'm currently thinking about attempting these kind of things (testing
> building derivations under different conditions) through the agent tags
> in the Guix Build Coordinator.
>
> I haven't used this functionality yet, but it's mostly implemented. The
> idea is that agents have tags, that describe various attributes that are
> important (time=normal, time=future, maybe for example), and builds can
> also be targeted at specific agents by tagging the builds with those
> same tags.

Sounds nice!  Also varying kernels I guess.

> Where I'm going with this is that I'm not sure a separate build farm is
> needed, it would be good to just incorperate this in to the build farm
> used for testing patches and non-master branches.

Sure.  For the build-in-the-future thing, I think we could just do that
by default; what I meant is that we just need to double-check beforehand
that nothing breaks badly.

Thanks,
Ludo’.