Subject: bug#44556: 27.1; Ido deletes file without configuration with C-x C-v C-k

From: Christopher Sean Morrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 14:55:11 -0500

Ido is not prompting for file delete confirmation during C-k.

Upon installing Graphene (require 'graphene) which enables Ido
everywhere, I found myself accidentally deleting files when attempting
to switch to other files via C-x C-v and being accustomed to running C-k
to cut the current file name from the minibuffer line and type a new
file name.  For example, touch file1 file2; emacs file1; C-x C-v C-k
file2 [enter].

With default bindings, that's an efficient switch to file2 but instead 
is resulting in file1 being silently deleted.

According to a comment in ido.el, C-k is supposed to confirm the
deletion but no confirmation is presented.  I'm running 27.1 installed
from brew on MacOSX.

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/27.1/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/27.1 --with-gnutls --without-x
 --with-xml2 --without-dbus --with-modules --without-ns
 --without-imagemagick'

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  project-persist-drawer-mode: t
  project-persist-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/lisp/cmake-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake/cmake-mode

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils misearch multi-isearch
jka-compr eieio-opt cl-extra help-fns radix-tree ffap bookmark
text-property-search pp term/xterm xterm flycheck ansi-color find-func
rx paren linum graphene graphene-look graphene-osx-defaults
graphene-projects ppd-sr-speedbar project-persist-drawer sr-speedbar
speedbar sb-image ezimage image dframe project-persist graphene-env
autorevert filenotify ido-completing-read+ memoize minibuf-eldef smex
ido graphene-editing delsel smartparens-html web-mode disp-table
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator
xref project ring company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb company edmacro kmacro pcase
graphene-smartparens-config smartparens-config smartparens-text
smartparens advice help-mode dash graphene-helper-functions finder-inf
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cus-edit cus-start cus-load
wid-edit google-c-style cc-defs regexp-opt cmake-mode thingatpt info
tool-bar package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source
cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json
subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads kqueue multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 306295 12861)
 (symbols 48 22766 2)
 (strings 32 99999 1371)
 (string-bytes 1 2760347)
 (vectors 16 29865)
 (vector-slots 8 346698 12318)
 (floats 8 104 654)
 (intervals 56 263 0)
 (buffers 1000 13))