Subject: [bug#44555] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-next-use-package

From: Michael Rohleder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 21:32:24 +0100

Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]> writes:
> There is no issue with diminish itself. I just don't know why it
> is specified as propagated-input. It's an optional dependency as
> well as delight, key-chord and many other use-package extensions
> and it should be installed explicitly by the user, not pulled as a
> dependency.
>
> Probably I had to do it with another patch to make it clearer.

Normally, we try to install optional packages per default.
Sometimes, it's not so easy and one has to weigh up...

Maybe the use-case for use-package is so that diminish is very often
needed?  Or for too many users, it would be "useless" (or break
something), w/o it?

Imho (I don't have commit superpower), you need a reason to remove an
input (and here, this means provided/out of the box experience).  Or at
least make a comment in the source _why_ it isn't needed etc...

-- 
If you can't make it good, make it LOOK good. - Bill Gates