Subject: [bug#44555] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-next-use-package

From: Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 20:56:41 +0300

> Maybe I am missing something, but it is not built using 'emacs-next'.
> Why not simply update the package 'emacs-use-package' with a comment
> explaining what you already explained?

It's true, it's built with emacs-minimal and probably the name is
a little confusing in that sense.

The original idea was to just update current emacs-use-package,
but during discussion in #guix leoprikler mentioned that
emacs-use-package works fine for users of Emacs 27 and because
the revision I picked is not a stable tag, but just a fresh
commit of use-package and I do it to make people able to use it
from Emacs 28 it would be logical to create a separate package
and keep stable 2.4 version for other users.

Also, removing diminish from propagated inputs can break
someone's setup.

My original patch was: http://ix.io/2DDt

I think it should be safe to just update emacs-use-package to the
more recent revision. It will work for both 27 and 28 users.

Let me know what you think and what you advise to do next.

-- 
Best regards,
Andrew Tropin