Subject: bug#44554: 27.1; Feature request: SRFI-62 style comments for Emacs Lisp.

From: "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 23:18:39 +0000

since people are voting, here's my +1 for sexp (#;) comments.  i've been
programming in languages that have them almost daily for the last ten
years, and find them invaluable, and better than block comments.

for me, their main advantages are that i commonly have my point at the
beginning of the sexp and don't need to move around to comment it out,
and that they can nest very easily (by that i mean that #;#; would
comment out the next 2 sexps, and so on).  

sexp comments also combine nicely with the fact that most of my
movements over lispy code are sexp-based, and help me not commenting out
by mistake closing parens.

in the much fewer occasions i need a block comment, it's normally easy
to use comment-region, and packages like paredit help there.

(of course if we end up having only block comments, it's trivial writing
an emacs command commenting out the next n sexps using them (or, heck,
even /not/ using them) so i'm fine either way at the end of the day.)

cheers,
jao
-- 
And what should they know of England who only England know? - Kipling