Subject: bug#44545: Many Test Failures @3d62df2

From: Jacob Bachmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 18:28:05 -0500

Fred Wright wrote:
> I ran the tests on a number of platforms, mostly identified in the 
> attached plat.txt file (though CentOS and Fedora don't identify teh 
> distro in uname).  All BSD systems failed "make" (error output attached).

This appears to be a limitation of BSD make, and the usual solution I 
found in a BSD discussion forum seems to be to install GNU make, which 
BSDs often package as "gmake".

> Of the others, only OSX 10.4 PPC was an actual failure, 

This looks like a limitation in MacOS X 10.4 awk; please send the 
report-card.log from that failed test.  As nothing else fails, 
dejagnu-report-card is a new feature, and MacOS X 10.4 is a very old 
nonfree system, the only bug here is that configure fails to detect a 
problem.

> though there's a bunch of warning output in some other cases.

Can you clarify what the warnings are?  The only match for "warn" is the 
bit of code that Automake uses to emit a warning if running runtest fails.

-- Jacob