Subject: Re: bug#44545: Many Test Failures @3d62df2

From: Fred Wright <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:47:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021, Jacob Bachmeyer wrote:

> My apologies for the lengthy delay in responding; for unknown reasons your 
> previous email on this issue did not reach me and I have just now discovered 
> it while checking bugs in the Web interface while closing bugs resolved 
> during the 1.6.3 release candidate series.
>
> The issues on Mac OSX and Ubuntu appear to be related to odd behavior in 
> Ubuntu's awk and limitations of the MacOS X expr compared to their regular 
> GNU equivalents.  Similar problems were encountered on Solaris and solutions 
> to the problems on Solaris 10 were integrated into the fifth release 
> candidate for 1.6.3; please test 
> <URL:ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/dejagnu/dejagnu-1.6.3-rc5.tar.gz> and indicate 
> if these problems continue to occur.

I ran the tests on a number of platforms, mostly identified in the 
attached plat.txt file (though CentOS and Fedora don't identify teh 
distro in uname).  All BSD systems failed "make" (error output 
attached).  Of the others, only OSX 10.4 PPC was an actual failure, though 
there's a bunch of warning output in some other cases.

Fred Wright