Subject: bug#44541: Blender addon can't find Python libraries

From: raingloom <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 03:18:12 +0200

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 13:31:39 +0900
Sébastien Lerique <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi raingloom,
> 
> > Reproduce by installing an addon like AnimationNodes. Or just 
> > open thescripting REPL and enter 'import numpy'.  
> 
> I just hit this, and calling blender with 
> `--python-use-system-env` works as a workaround. Is this maybe 
> expected behaviour?
> 
> Sébastien
> 
> 
> 

Ah, missed that flag. I don't think it's necessarily expected, I
remember it working without that on Arch, and I don't think they patch
Blender. I could just pacman -Si python-numpy and Animation Nodes
worked.
Maybe we should make that the default if we wanna package Blender
addons. (Which I very much want. A reproducible art pipeline would be a
very nice use case indeed.)