Subject: bug#44540: 27.1.50; Regression when evaluating signalling forms in *scratch*

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2020 20:51:49 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2020 20:54:14 +0100
>> 
>> 
>> Select the *scratch* buffer and enter
>> 
>> (car 123)
>> 
>> Then hit C-j.  In Emacs 26, this will correctly pop up the debugger.  In
>> the Emacs 27 release branch, however, you'll get an error
>> 
>> Symbol’s function definition is void: cl-print-to-string-with-limit
>
> I can't reproduce this: I get the debugger's backtrace, as expected.

Same here.

-- 
Basil

In GNU Emacs 27.1.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2020-10-19 built on thunk
Repository revision: 18c0e20bea07cf4591b45800205cf25a927045f6
Repository branch: emacs-27
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12008000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Entering debugger...

Configured using:
 'configure 'CC=ccache gcc' 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3 -ggdb -gdwarf-4'
 --config-cache --prefix=/home/blc/.local --program-suffix=27
 --enable-checking=yes,glyphs --enable-check-lisp-object-type
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-file-notification=yes --with-x'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS
LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date subr-x seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils help-fns radix-tree
cl-print debug backtrace help-mode easymenu find-func cl-loaddefs cl-lib
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 48964 5860)
 (symbols 48 6418 1)
 (strings 32 17583 1730)
 (string-bytes 1 559678)
 (vectors 16 10081)
 (vector-slots 8 133823 10362)
 (floats 8 28 42)
 (intervals 56 273 4)
 (buffers 1000 12))