Subject: bug#44520: closed (Re: bug#44520: Graphical installer issues on 1.2.0.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 13:54:03 +0000

Your bug report

#44520: Graphical installer issues on 1.2.0.

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
44520: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=44520
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#44520: Graphical installer issues on 1.2.0.
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 14:53:49 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I tried again on commit 86e9e5c using an image built by the CI and an
image built locally. I was not able to reproduce any of the issues I had
initially.

Closing this one until we find a reproducible way to trigger those
issues.

Thanks,

Mathieu

Subject: Graphical installer issues on 1.2.0.
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2020 16:29:53 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I tried the 1.2.0 graphical installer at ae0fe28, installing Guix System
from a usb drive to another one.

I had three issues:

* The auto partitioning crashed, backtrace as attachment.

* Using manual partitioning as a work-around, I started the installation
and observed that the installer downloaded "python" sources and then
substitutes for the whole bootstrapping chain (also as attachment).

* The substitutes download speed was sometimes super low (~ 50Kb/s).

An unpleasant sunday afternoon testing :(.

Mathieu