Subject: Re: bug#44520: Graphical installer issues on 1.2.0.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2020 19:53:51 +0100

Hey,

I cannot reproduce the partitioning issue which is even more
frustrating. I guess it was related to the original partitioning of the
USB drive I used. Added some more debug logging with 8c287bb2fb1 in the
meantime.

> Could it be that these get downloaded due to some “debug” output being
> pulled (perhaps unnecessarily so but grafting can do that sometimes)?

I'm not sure yet but I'll run more tests tomorrow.

>> * The substitutes download speed was sometimes super low (~ 50Kb/s).
>
> Yes, unfortunately non-offloaded disk image builds (fixed by recent
> commits) along with GC running all day long has a terrible impact on
> bandwidth.

Oh, right. Thanks for your recent patches on this subject. It should
definitely help. Having berlin doing nothing much that serving
substitutes and coordinating the build machines will solve many issues.

I'm working on that topic and will present my progress during Guix Days!

Thanks,

Mathieu