Subject: 28.0.50; Can't unselect minibuffer window

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2020 13:28:29 +0100

Hello,

since some days, I experience the following issue: when I call

  (read-from-minibuffer "Enter something: ")

and select a different window, the minibuffer window automatically gets
re-selected after a short period of time.

I did not yet figure out how to reproduce for emacs -Q; with the default
settings, it is not reproducible there.

With my setup, the issue gets fixed when I do

  (setq minibuffer-follows-selected-frame nil)

I CC Alan hoping 2ecbf4cfae, "Allow minibuffer to stay in its original
frame.  Tidy up this area." is related and he can help so that I can get
around finding a recipe or digging further (well, it's Sunday).

TIA,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 94, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.23, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2020-11-08 built on drachen
Repository revision: 1b2fde216cf9328578b6a6a9a8ce0ce51035304c
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12008000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_TIME: C
  value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix