Subject: Re: 28.0.50; Can't unselect minibuffer window

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2020 17:40:49 +0100

Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> >   (read-from-minibuffer "Enter something: ")
>
> > and select a different window, ....
>
> With the mouse?  With C-x o?

In any way I tried, actually.

> How short?  0.5s, 2s, 10s?  Knowing this might help identify the
> associated timer.

The time seems to differ.  It's between .1 and 1.0 seconds I would
guess.  BTW, setting `timer-list' or `timer-idle-list' to nil in the
active minibuffer didn't change the behavior.

> I strongly suspect your bug and that patch are related.  Despite it
> being Sunday, could you perhaps nevertheless dig around a bit in the
> hope of finding a recipe.

Ok, let's see if can find one.  One more data point: with my setup I can
only reproduce when there are at least two visible frames.

Michael.