Subject: bug#44508: closed (Re: bug#44508: Found a bug in compute-guix-derivation)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 04:27:02 +0000

Your bug report

#44508: Found a bug in compute-guix-derivation

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
44508: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=44508
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#44508: Found a bug in compute-guix-derivation
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Josh Marshall <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 23:25:57 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Josh Marshall <[email-masked]> writes:

> It did not repeat, and I'm using it on a hosted system with Ubuntu.

Closing as it was likely a transient network-related failure, as Marius
noted.

Thanks for the report,

Maxim

Subject: Found a bug in compute-guix-derivation
From: Josh Marshall <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2020 16:33:32 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello all,

When pulling I came across the following which told me to send a report in:

```
anadon@goodadvicemallard:~$ guix pull
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at '
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to f900045 (533 new
commits)...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git f900045
substitute:
/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-bash-minimal-4.4.23/bin/bash:
warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
substitute:
/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-bash-minimal-4.4.23/bin/bash:
warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-bash-minimal-4.4.23/bin/bash:
warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-bash-minimal-4.4.23/bin/bash:
warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
downloading from
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/gzip/808xr7v3h004s0mafxw0v0ibmgpmam3i-module-import
...
 module-import  2KiB                                       539KiB/s 00:00
[##################] 100.0%

/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-bash-minimal-4.4.23/bin/bash:
warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-bash-minimal-4.4.23/bin/bash:
warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
downloading from
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/gzip/izn00974y4pfs39dch1a5lcxc00wscl0-module-import-compiled
...
 module-import-compiled  2.4MiB                             61KiB/s 00:41
[##################] 100.0%

/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-bash-minimal-4.4.23/bin/bash:
warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-bash-minimal-4.4.23/bin/bash:
warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
downloading from
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/gzip/58yx23vgfvx4m1426v0b6xjn8hnnx245-compute-guix-derivation
...
 compute-guix-derivation  860B                             286KiB/s 00:00
[##################] 100.0%

substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
@ substituter-started
/gnu/store/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
/gnu/store/ncknl03pkmamrxg7q9nxi1rn1qhvwbi9-guix-1.0.1/libexec/guix/substitute
/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-bash-minimal-4.4.23/bin/bash:
warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
/gnu/store/q19l04vd2za80mk1845pz7r8cz29qk43-bash-minimal-4.4.23/bin/bash:
warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
|@ download-started
/gnu/store/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/gzip/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
14413465
@ download-progress
/gnu/store/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/gzip/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
14413465 16384
@ download-progress
/gnu/store/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/gzip/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
14413465 32768
@ download-progress
/gnu/store/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/gzip/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
14413465 49152
@ download-progress
/gnu/store/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/gzip/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
14413465 81920
/@ download-progress
/gnu/store/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/gzip/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
14413465 98304
@ download-progress
/gnu/store/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/gzip/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
14413465 114688
@ download-progress
/gnu/store/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/gzip/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
14413465 147456
-@ download-progress
/gnu/store/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/gzip/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
14413465 163840
\@ download-progress
/gnu/store/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/gzip/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
14413465 196608
@ download-progress
/gnu/store/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/gzip/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
14413465 212992
@ download-progress
/gnu/store/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/gzip/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
14413465 262144
@ download-progress
/gnu/store/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/gzip/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
14413465 14413465
@ download-succeeded
/gnu/store/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/gzip/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2
14413465

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
guix substitute: error: corrupt input while restoring
'/gnu/store/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2/bin/git'
from #{read pipe}#
@ substituter-failed
/gnu/store/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2 256 fetching
path `/gnu/store/4kq9k7cvwmg42hvk71m2kihiasz7x9z8-git-minimal-2.29.2'
failed with exit code 1
Backtrace:
          11 (primitive-load
"/gnu/store/58yx23vgfvx4m1426v0b6xjn8hnnx245-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    155:9 10 (_ _)
    159:9  9 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-user)
7fdb29988f?> ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2042:24  8 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7fdb27ced050> _
#:guile-for-build _ #:system _ #:target _)
   1876:8  7 (_ _)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
   258:18  6 (_ _)
   1123:2  5 (_ _)
    982:2  4 (_ _)
    843:4  3 (_ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  1924:12  2 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fdb27ced050>)
   1357:5  1 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 7fdb27ced050>
_ _)
  1368:15  0 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fdb27ced050> _ _)

./guix/store.scm:1368:15: ERROR:
  1. &store-protocol-error:
      message: "some substitutes for the outputs of derivation
`/gnu/store/6kd94qkd2hnkri5hc44vfjvh8b0i5ynl-git-minimal-2.29.2.drv' failed
(usually happens due to networking issues); try `--fallback' to build
derivation from source "
      status: 1
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/58yx23vgfvx4m1426v0b6xjn8hnnx245-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"f9000450b5c881b97a3d507372c19ff366e788ca"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "6a3b4765f9dfcefa89e65406177d3442b7958c28"; pull-version: 1).
Please report it by email to <[email-masked]>.
```