Subject: Re: bug#44506: 28.0.50; Segfault on opening a particular message in Gnus in terminal/tty

From: Amin Bandali <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 00:42:56 -0500

Eli Zaretskii writes:

>> Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2020 09:04:58 +0200
>> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>> 
>> Thanks, but this seems to be from a different GDB session?  The vpos
>> is 24 instead of 29 and the data of the glyph structure clearly
>> differs from what pgrowx displayed in your previous report?  I need
>> consistent and coherent data from the same crash.
>> 
>> Or maybe you can come up with a reproduction recipe ?  That'd really
>> make the debugging much more efficient...
>
> Alternatively, if you can give me an ssh login on that system, and set
> up an account for me so that I could reproduce the problem, I could
> debug it remotely on your system.
>

Sure, I think that would indeed be easiest.  Can you please email me
off-list a copy of your ssh public key?  Alternatively, I could try
grabbing the one from fencepost; whichever way you prefer.

I did a debug build of Emacs on one of my servers, and will add a
minimal Gnus configuration to connect to a temporary account on my mail
server, where you would find a copy of the message.  I will send you
more details about it off-list once I've finished setting it up.

Thanks,
amin