Subject: bug#44503: 27.1; image-scroll-up and image-scroll-down

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 18:33:43 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 17:09:19 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I'm not sure I follow: what are you trying to improve/fix/change by
> > that, apart of the doc strings?
> 
> Doc strings mostly -- if we had a section in the lispref manual that
> explains this, we could have the doc strings just refer to that.

I'm not sure it's worth it.  Describing what "C-u -" does is usually
easy and doesn't take too many words.

> If it's always "like 'p' but an entire page if the prefix isn't
> numerical", then that would be a win (and the four commands discussed
> here fit that pattern), but I'm not sure how prevalent this pattern is,
> so it may not be worth it.

Not all the commands that react to "C-u -" work on stuff where "page"
is meaningful, I think.