Subject: bug#44503: 27.1; image-scroll-up and image-scroll-down

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 14:52:45 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> Well, the doc strings for these commands don't really describe
>>> interactive usage at all, but I think most people would interpret what's
>>> there as "it's like (interactive "p"), but with no prefix at all it
>>> behaves differently".  (Which is what it does -- a full screen instead
>>> of a line.)
>>
>> What about the value of '-' ?
>
> Yes, `C-u -' here does the opposite of the non-prefixed action.  (While
> it's indistinguishable from `C-u - 1' with normal "p" action.)

Just a thought -- should we perhaps establish a convention for this that
we can say commands adhere to?  That is, `C-u NUM' means "the same as
'p'" while `C-u -' and no prefix means "some large (negative and
positive; depending on the command) amount"?  I'm not sure how many of
these commands we have...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no