Subject: [bug#44492] [PATCH 01/52] gnu: Add rust-ruma-identifiers-validation-0.1.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 12:46:47 +0100

Hello,

Leo Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/crates-io.scm (rust-ruma-identifiers-validation-0.1): New
> variable.

Thank you! I have a few general comments about the patch set.

Nitpicks: some synopses end with a full stop, and most descriptions are
not full sentences.

If you introduce a new version of an existing package, the old package
should inherit from the new one.

More generally, I still think intermediate packages should use
#:skip-build #t. Building them brings very little information, if any:

- A crate failing to build, for various reasons, is still correct as an
  input to another crate
- Even if all intermediate crates have "#:skip-build #t", building the
  top-level crate locates accurately any missing Cargo input in the
  dependency graph.

Not using #:skip-build, OTOH, costs a lot of resources and time for the
CI, for users and developers.

Of course, this last remark is not specific to your patch set. I wish we
can converge towards common Rust packaging guidelines.

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou