Subject: bug#44491: Support GUIX_DISABLE_NETWORK_TESTS environment variable

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2020 08:55:04 +0100

Hi!

Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On 2020-12-03, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> Should we close this issue now that you found the RES_OPTIONS=attempts:0
>> trick, or do you think we should still keep the refactoring bits?
>
> Well, it's three cases of copy-paste code, and one nearly identical but
> inverted. Someone once suggested to me to refactor on the third instance
> of copy-pasted code...
>
> Having common tests makes it a little easier to add to new tests in the
> future with the same code, and if there's ever a change in the
> underlying code, you fix it in once place. It also opens the door to
> adding other common functions, if it comes up.
>
> So I'd say it's worth applying, though also would be ok with leaving as
> is and just taking advantage of the RES_OPTIONS=attempts:0 workaround.

Makes sense to me.  I’ll let you push it or let me know if you prefer me
to do it.

Thanks!

Ludo’.