Subject: Re: bug#44491: Support GUIX_DISABLE_NETWORK_TESTS environment variable

From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 10:13:42 -0800

On 2020-11-08, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> If this could be considered for the upcoming 1.2 release, that would be
>> appreciated, though I can also carry the patches in Debian...
>
> Yay!  It should be doable, let’s see.

It seems like a simpler workaround is to pass RES_OPTIONS=attempts:0,
which should disable name resolution, and thus the network checks will
fail.

With the RES_OPTIONS workaround, the changes to guix/tests.scm
network-reachable are no longer needed ... i think. :)

Might still be worth refactoring some of *.sh tests to use common
functions, since the code is basically copied and pasted in several
different places.

I suspect there are some additional tests that should check for network,
but that is probably a separate bug once they have been identified.

live well,
  vagrant