Subject: 26.1; elisp mode fails for vierlog-model.el

From: Ian Perryman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 14:08:14 -0500

Seems the elisp mode gets confused with the attached file.

The message:

File mode specification error: (user-error Unmatched bracket or quote)

Is displayed and the cursor is put to 4685,12

There appear to be issues with quotes in someplace before this as well.
For example see near line 3302.

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2019-05-11 built on x86-02.mbox.centos.org
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12003000
System Description: CentOS Linux release 8.2.2004 (Core)

Recent messages:
Turning OFF Icicle mode...done
Turning ON Icicle mode...done
Turning OFF Icicle mode...done
Turning ON Icicle mode...done
Loading
/home2/iperryman/.emacs.d/elpa/realgud-20200923.610/realgud/common/custom...done
Loading
/home2/iperryman/.emacs.d/elpa/realgud-20200923.610/realgud/lang/java...done
Turning on magit-auto-revert-mode...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set
File mode specification error: (user-error Unmatched bracket or quote)

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no --with-xwidgets --with-modules
 build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS -fexceptions
 -fstack-protector-strong -grecord-gcc-switches
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic
 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 'LDFLAGS= -Wl,-z,relro,-z,now -fpie'
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  hi-lock-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  icicle-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home2/iperryman/.emacs.d/elpa/xcscope-20200828.1027/xcscope hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/xcscope
/home2/iperryman/elisp/verilog-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/progmodes/verilog-mode

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr face-remap emacsbug vc-git hi-lock elec-pair
realgud realgud-zshdb realgud:zshdb-track-mode realgud:zshdb-core
realgud:zshdb-init realgud-trepan3k realgud:trepan3k-track-mode
realgud:trepan3k-core realgud:trepan3k-init realgud-trepan2
realgud:trepan2-track-mode realgud:trepan2-core realgud:trepan2-init
realgud-trepanpl realgud:trepanpl-track-mode realgud:trepanpl-core
realgud:trepanpl-init realgud-trepanjs realgud:trepanjs-track-mode
realgud:trepanjs-core realgud:trepanjs-init realgud-lang-js
realgud-trepan realgud:trepan-track-mode realgud:trepan-core
realgud:trepan-init realgud-remake realgud:remake-track-mode
realgud:remake-core realgud:remake-init realgud-rdebug
realgud-rdebug-track-mode realgud-rdebug-core realgud-rdebug-init
realgud-lang-ruby realgud-perldb realgud:perldb-track-mode
realgud:perldb-core realgud:perldb-init realgud-lang-perl realgud-pdb
realgud:pdb-track-mode realgud:pdb-core realgud:pdb-init
realgud-lang-python python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver ucs-normalize parse-time realgud-kshdb realgud:kshdb-track-mode
realgud:kshdb-core realgud:kshdb-init realgud-gub realgud:gub-track-mode
realgud:gub-core realgud:gub-init realgud-gdb realgud:gdb-track-mode
realgud:gdb-init realgud:gdb-core realgud-bashdb
realgud:bashdb-track-mode realgud:bashdb-core realgud:bashdb-init
realgud-lang-posix-shell realgud:run realgud-locals-mode
realgud-breakpoint-mode realgud-backtrack-mode realgud-track-mode
realgud-backtrace-mode realgud-attach realgud-lang-java realgud-track
realgud-shortkey realgud-menu realgud-eval realgud-cmds realgud-send
realgud-window realgud-utils subr-x realgud-init realgud-file
realgud-core realgud-reset realgud-buffer-helper
realgud-buffer-breakpoint realgud-buffer-backtrace realgud-locals
realgud-buffer-locals realgud-buffer-command realgud-buffer-info
realgud-lochist org-element avl-tree generator org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs realgud-bp
realgud-bp-image-data realgud-lang esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt
esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-util esh-mode
realgud-loc realgud-buffer-source realgud-key key realgud-follow
realgud-fringe realgud-helper loc-changes realgud-regexp realgud-custom
load-relative use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key use-package-core
magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-collab ghub-graphql treepy
gsexp ghub url-http tls url-gw nsm url-auth let-alist json map gnutls
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu magit-diff smerge-mode diff-mode
magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-process
magit-margin magit-mode git-commit transient magit-git magit-section
magit-utils magit-popup crm log-edit message sendmail rmc puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log
with-editor cl-extra async-bytecomp async shell pcomplete server dash
buffer-move windmove xcscope grep+ grep compile comint ansi-color
paredit-menu paredit transpose-frame two-column icicles icicles-mode
mb-depth+ mb-depth icicles-cmd2 icicles-cmd1 frame-cmds frame-fns avoid
icicles-mcmd image-dired image-mode format-spec doremi ring icicles-fn
icicles-var apropos-fn+var apropos icicles-opt ffap fuzzy-match
cus-theme cus-edit wid-edit bookmark+ bookmark+-key edmacro easy-mmode
kmacro derived dired-x dired dired-loaddefs crosshairs col-highlight
vline hl-line+ advice hl-line bookmark+-1 bookmark+-bmu help-mode
bookmark+-lit pp+ bookmark pp hexrgb thingatpt+ thingatpt icicles-face
icicles-install url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap monokai-theme paren
delsel cus-start cus-load rx finder-inf realgud-recursive-autoloads info
package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 703256 21453)
 (symbols 48 53479 3)
 (miscs 40 86 146)
 (strings 32 191839 8452)
 (string-bytes 1 5712544)
 (vectors 16 87668)
 (vector-slots 8 2041593 25274)
 (floats 8 274 265)
 (intervals 56 675 67)
 (buffers 992 12))

System Info:
12:13:35 [iperryman@desk-03 elisp]$ lsb_release -a
LSB Version: :core-4.1-amd64:core-4.1-noarch
Distributor ID: CentOS
Description: CentOS Linux release 8.2.2004 (Core)
Release: 8.2.2004
Codename: Core

2:22:24 [iperryman@desk-03 elisp]$ emacs --version
GNU Emacs 26.1
Copyright (C) 2018 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of GNU Emacs
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.

-- 
Ian Perryman
XtremeEDA Corp
613-728-5912 x210
200-25 Holland Ave,
Ottawa, ON,
K1Y 4R9