Subject: Re: bug#44480: Guix System graphics issues with GNOME

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 15:25:04 +0100

Musics,

Thanks for reporting this.

musics--- via Bug reports for GNU Guix 写道：
> My computer with Guix System has these graphics issues.
> My graphics: NVIDIA GT 720

The good news is that these issues aren't related to your system, 
but simply a reproducible bug in how some SVG icons are built on 
Guix.  The icons themselves are bogus, not corrupted during 
display.  They're ugly but harmless.

I've seen similar corruption (attached) in Evince on Sway on my 
i915 Thinkpad for quite a while now.  After browsing the Evince 
sources to find the name of the icon, bingo:

icecat $(guix build 
adwaita-icon-theme)/share/icons/Adwaita/96x96/actions/document-edit-symbolic.symbolic.png

The bad news is I don't know enough about GNOME to fix this, and 
it's not serious enough to force me.

Kind regards,

T G-R