Subject: 27.1; doc string of `read-char-from-minibuffer'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 10:40:01 -0800 (PST)

"Read a character from the minibuffer, prompting for PROMPT."

You are not prompted for PROMPT.  You are prompted (for a char)
with PROMPT.

 "When HISTORY is a symbol, then allows navigating in a history."

English: it should be "When...symbol, allow navigating..."

But it's not clear what "navigating in a history" means.  The
description of `M-n' etc. isn't clear - or needed.  And what if
HISTORY is non-nil but not a symbol?

In any case, I suggest you just say that HISTORY is passed to
`read-from-minibuffer', which is the case.  That function's HISTORY
description is clear and complete, and it involves more than what is
described here.

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2020-08-12 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: 86d8d76aa36037184db0b2897c434cdaab1a9ae8
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.18362
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.1903.18362.1082)