Subject: Re: bug#44437: Best way to install package in Guix System

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 14:48:25 +0100

Musics,

musics--- via Bug reports for GNU Guix 写道：
> "guix install network-manager-openvpn" then "guix pull" and then
> "sudo guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm"

‘guix pull’ updates the versions of packages that are *available* 
(guix package --list-available), but does not update any packages 
currently *installed* on your system.  For example:

  $ guix package --list-available=icecat
  icecat	78.3.0-guix0-preview1	...

  $ guix install icecat

  $ icecat --version
  GNU IceCat 78.3.0esr

  $ guix pull

  $ guix package --list-available=icecat
  icecat	78.4.1-guix0-preview1	...

  $ icecat --version
  GNU IceCat 78.3.0esr

  $ guix upgrade icecat # or guix install icecat

  $ icecat --version
  GNU IceCat 78.4.1esr

Kind regards,

T G-R